August 24, 2013
9:00 am to 7:00 pm
$30/ person includes refreshments, lunch and supper
If you are someone interested in learning how to handle sled dogs for a musher, or a musher that wants to learn some more tricks of the trade.
This seminar is for you!
Topic include: - foot care, how to check for injuries
- hydration, feeding, administering medications
- preparing a team to re-enter a race after mandatory rest.
- helping mushers at checkpoints
- dog truck work and travelling
- making a handler’s job easier
- equipment field repairs (sleds, waxing skis, clothing, ganglines, etc.)
- interpreting race stats and results.
- vet checks (pre, during and post race)
Ticket must be reserved before August 20st, 2013 (no walk-ins)
Contact: Jim Cunningham 905-349-3465 email@example.com
Overnight field camping is available at Cedarpaws Kennels (1/4 mile from hall)
Spring Meeting has come and gone and due to weather issues there were not many in attendance. We are doing up the minutes to a successful meeting and will post them on the members only section shortly. Link to that is on the Affilates page. Emails will be sent to all current members with the new login information as soon as it is available.